HOW TO START A BLOG & MAKE $4450 EVERY MONTH FROM IT [BLOGGING GUIDE]
ant to start a blog and get paid by blogging?
Yeah! It’s possible to do both at the same time!
After all, What’s better than following your passion and making passive income along. None the less, it’s a great way to start building your online career which could help you reach the new heights.
From the last 11 years, SpeakMeLoud has been teaching about blogging to millions of users around the globe and we are also publishing income reports every month to help you start a blog and live a boss-free life.
The reason for starting for your blog could be many of these:
- Sharing your knowledge
- Social impact
- Documenting your thoughts
- Passive income
- Free gadgets and stuff for review
- Getting invited to conferences and bloggers meet
Or any other.
For a starter, here are some of the questions you should be asking to start a blog:
- Where should you start a blog? (Platform for blogging)
- What niche you should pick? (Blog topic)
- What should be your domain name?
- How to buy the domain name?
- Where should you host your blog?
- How to buy hosting for your domain name?
- How to install your blog on the domain name?
- Design of your blog
- Essential elements to make your blog shine
- How to write the first blog post
In this guide, you will find answers to all these questions and will be able to start a blog.
So grab a cup of coffee and read on to your new journey.
Here are the steps to start a blog:
- Step 1: Picking the blog topic
- Step 2: Select the blogging platform
- Step 3: Pick a domain name & hosting for your blog
- Step 5: Install WordPress on the blog (Tutorial is given below)
- Step 6: Setup the design of the blog
- Step 7: Install the best WordPress plugins
- Step 8: Write your first blog post
- Step 9: Share your writeup with the world
- Step 10: Monetize your blog
- Step 11: Drive traffic and gain more exposure
Note: To make it easier for you to take action, I’m suggesting only those options in terms of platform, hosting which are working for everyone.
How To Start A Blog From Scratch and with No Experience
This blog creation guide is created for users like you who are just starting out and knows a little or nothing about blogging.
Within the next few minutes, you will have your blog up and running.
Step 1: Pick a Blog name & domain name for your blog
- Easy to remember
- Easy to type
- Easy to pronounce.
Just remember these 3 secrets when picking a domain name for your blog.
Name of your blog is the most crucial part for success. A domain name is the URL of a blog which a visitor will use to open a blog.
A custom domain name is like www.SpeakMeLoud.com, for which we need to pay $12/year. However, I have shared a trick below which will help you save this $12 on domain purchase.
Now, there are a few rules which will help you to pick the best name for your new blog. Here are some of the tips from my experience:
- Prefer .com domain name above everything else.
- Your domain name should be easy to pronounce and easy to type.
You can use Bluehost domain suggestion feature to check if your domain name is available or not. Simply enter any word that you have picked for your blog and it will also show you available domain name suggestions.
My suggestion is to be creative and follow the three rules I shared above. Here are a few things you should not do when selecting the domain name for your new blog:
- Don’t use a too long domain name. Try to keep it lower than 12 characters.
- Don’t use domain extension like .info, .net and so on, because they tend to rank bad in Search engines. I always prefer and suggest to use a domain name extension like .com or .org.
- How to select a great domain name for your business
- the hosting to start the blog:
Now, let us build our blog on a hosting.
Web-hosting is where WordPress will be installed. This is a server which stays online 24*7 and all your future blog images, your blog design and everything will be stored on this server (hosting).
That is how your website will be up and running 24*7.
The good thing is, hostings are cheap.
There are plenty of hosting service providers but for your blog:
Bluehost is the idlest choice as it offers everything you need to create a blog. Features like:
- Free SSL
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- Free domain name (Saving of $12/year)
- Easy to use cPanel.
- Live chat support
- 30 days money back guarantee
And the best part, it only cost $2.95/month
Grab Bluehost hosting for special price
Here is how to buy it:
- Head over to Bluehost.com
- Click on Get started now
Select the Basic plan if you want to start one blog or Plus plan if you want to start more than one blog.